A teenager has become the fourth person held on suspicion of murdering two boys in Bristol last weekend.
Detectives said a 17-year-old boy was in custody following the deaths of Mason Rist, 15, and Max Dixon, 16, on Saturday night.
They were fatally stabbed in Ilminster Avenue at around 11.20pm.
The latest arrest comes after two boys, aged 15 and 16, appeared at Bristol Youth Court this morning, each charged with two counts of murder.
The boys, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were remanded in custody to next appear at Bristol Crown Court on Monday 5 February.
Antony Snook, 44, from Hartcliffe, also appeared at Bristol Crown Court earlier today, after being charged with two counts of murder on Wednesday.
He was remanded in custody until his next appearance at the same court on Monday.
Two other men, each charged with two counts of assisting an offender, made a first appearance at Bristol Magistrates’ Court today.
Both Bailey Westcott, 22, from Bishopsworth, Bristol, and Jamie Ogbourne, 26, from Hartcliffe, Bristol, were remanded in custody.
Westcott will next appear at Bristol Crown Court on Monday, while Ogbourne will appear at the same court on next Friday.
A 42-year-old woman, previously arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder, has been released on conditional bail.
Detective Superintendent Gary Haskins, from Avon and Somerset Police, said: “The families of Mason and Max have been updated on all the latest developments in our ongoing investigation, and we’ll continue to ensure they have all the support they need through specialist liaison officers.
“Now court proceedings are under way, it’s even more important to remind people that posting speculation, footage and images on social media could jeopardise the forthcoming judicial process, while also causing further upset to Mason’s and Max’s families.”
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.
Please refresh the page for the fullest version.